About Me

Hi!  I’m Lauren, and I joined the world of blogging in early September of 2008.  I have several interests, and one of them is blogging/making Wikispaces.  A couple years ago, I  joined the blogging challenge that Miss W. runs, and I really enjoyed it.

In sixth grade, I was a part of the 1:1 Laptop Pilot Program at school.  In fifth grade, all the kids in my grade talked with their parents and decided if they wanted to have a chance to be part of the program.  I was one of the 75 out of about 150 students who won the lottery-style drawing, so now I am part of the program.  All of the kids in my class are blessed to have an opportunity like this, and we are extremely grateful.

I compete in a few sports, including swimming, cross country, track, and tennis.  Swimming is the only one that I do year-round, and I love it.  Swimming is my main sport because I enjoy it and have lots of friends who swim on my team.  My swimming friends and I, pictured below, love to hang out at practices and school.

(Left to Right) Sarah, Me, Matt

I have played the piano since I was five or six, and love to sit down and practice.  I have an amazing teacher who comes to our house every week.  I also love to sing and dance with my friends for fun.

My academic interest is English.  I love to write stories, poems, and blog posts.  I love a good reason to write and finish stories, and that is the main reason I love English.

I hope that you have time to read all my posts and visit some of the sites that I either designed or like to read.  My blogrolls are located on the right sidebar.

Images from:

Laptop – http://nestaquin.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/laptop.jpg

Music Note – http://profy.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/images/aleslie/a_funny_music_note_000.png

Writing – http://degreedirectory.org/cimages/multimages/2/writing_tablet.jpg

14 thoughts on “About Me

1. Hi,I am rosa , the person’s blog your mentoring.I have two quetons what grade are you in ,I am in grade six,what dos a blog mentor do?

• Hi, Rosa!
      Welcome to my blog! I am in the seventh grade. I’m not really being a mentor as much as I am just really helping you and commenting on your blog during the Student Blogging Challenges. If you’d like, I could comment even after the Student Blogging Challenges. Thank you for commenting on my post!
      ~Laurenc604 🙂

2. Pingback: Your “About Me” page | District 50 Students

3. Pingback: Ready to Roll! | Peanut Gallery

4. Pingback: Ready or Not! | Making Sense...

5. Pingback: March 2010: Challenge 1 | Challenge Yourself to Blog

6. Pingback: Tips For Writing Your ‘About page’ | The Edublogger

7. Hey, so it was interesting reading your about me page. Almost everything that you said applies to me! I only do two sports, which are swimming and tennis. Swimming is my main sport, but I only swim during the school season, not year round. I also play piano and cello, but the cello is my main instrument. I play in a quartet with a few friends, but it is an odd quartet. Our quartet consists of me on cello, and another cellist, and depending on the day either a viola and a violin, or two violins. Another thing we have in common is that I love to write, but I have a hard time starting or finishing what I write. ~Mikayla

• Mikayla-
      It’s wonderful to find someone that is a lot like you, isn’t it? Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
      Happy blogging!
      ~Laurenc604 🙂

8. Lauren,

I was reading your recent post through the challenge feed. You have done a great job with your blog updates. Love you theme and the avatar picture on the home page has great colors:)

Mrs. D

• Mrs. D-
      Thank you! I really love to make things as visually interesting and enticing as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!
      Happy Blogging!
      ~Laurenc604 🙂